Western Australia Self-Drive Journeys
Accommodation (Room Only) | Car Rental & GPS | Touring as per itinerary
7D6N MONKEY MIA, KALBARRI AND THE PINNACLES – Perth to Perth
• 6 nights’ accommodation (Room Only)
• 6 days Avis car rental with GPS
• Co-pilot self-drive kit
• Touring as per itinerary
*price above quoted based on twin sharing
|1||Geraldton||Best Western Hospitality Inn Geraldton, Queen Motel Room|
|2||Monkey Mia||Monkey Mia Dolphin, Garden View Room|
|3||Monkey Mia||Monkey Mia Dolphin, Garden View Room|
|4||Kalbarri||Kalbarri Palm Resort, Palm Studioe|
|5||Kalbarri||Kalbarri Palm Resort, Palm Studio|
|6||Cervantes||Cervantes Pinnacles Motel, Standard|
Day 1: Perth to Geraldton (419 km)
Begin your journey with an early morning start to reach the historic twin towns of Dongara and Port Denison, located 360 kilometres north of Perth. Spend some time exploring these historic coastal villages or for a nature walk, stop at the Greenough River Nature Trail located about 20 minutes south of Geraldton in the town of Greenough. Geraldton is the main port and administration centre of the mid-west region. Geraldton and the surrounding districts are noted for the beautiful wild spring flowers and the countryside.
Day 2: Geraldton to Monkey Mia (433 km)
Today’s drive continues to take you north on the North West Coastal Highway to Monkey Mia and the Shark Bay World Heritage Area. As you approach Shark Bay visit the living marine stromatolites at Hamelin Pool. We suggest you also make a stop at the stunning 110 kilometre Shell Beach – a beach made up of billions of tiny white shells. Further on enjoy the breathtaking views from Eagle Bluff. From the town of Denham it is 27 kilometres north-east by sealed road to Monkey Mia.
Day 3: Monkey Mia
Enjoy a day of rest, to relax and experience this beautiful area. Visit the dolphins or just relax on the fantastic beaches. There are also boat tours which leave Monkey Mia to view the dugongs or ‘sea cows’ which graze among the seagrass beds.
Day 4: Monkey Mia to Kalbarri (399 km)
The journey south begins today, but there is still plenty to see and do on the journey back to Perth over the coming days. With its pristine beaches and towering coastal cliffs, Kalbarri is the ideal place for the nature lover. Kalbarri is situated along the winding banks of the Murchison River and adjacent to the Kalbarri National Park
Day 5: Kalbarri
Today is free to explore Kalbarri and the surrounding area. The Murchison River carves through the rugged gorges of the National Park, providing excellent bushwalks and scenic outlooks.
Day 6: Kalbarri to Cervantes (378km)
Make your way further south today to the town of Cervantes and the Nambung National Park. If you wish, stop off at Jurian Bay, for pristine white sands and enticing clear waters. The Nambung National Park, which includes the Pinnacles is located just 17 kilometres south of Cervantes. Spend the rest of the day exploring the amazing Pinnacle rock formations.
Day 7: Kalbarri to Cervantes (378km)
Travel down to Perth and take time to relax on the beautiful beaches in the area. Your car is booked until tomorrow and should be dropped off at the city or airport, by the same time as it was picked up on Day 1, to avoid any additional charges.
- Car rental rate includes airport / city depot pick-up and drop-off, Unlimited kms, VRF (Vehicle Registration fee), CRF (Concession Recovery Fee), PLS (Premium Location Surcharge), LDW (Loss Damage Waiver), Super Excess Reduction (NIL Excess), 24 Hour Emergency Roadside Service, one way fee (if applicable), admin fees and GST @10%.
- Excludes fuel and optional extras.
- Sales Period: Up to 30 September 2018
- Travel Period: Up to 30 March 2019
- Subject to availability
- All prices quoted are per person, in Australian Dollars (AUD) based on twin sharing, ground content only and subject to change without prior notice
- Price shown based on Standard Hotel and Standard Group B (CCar)
- Breakfast is not included, hotel seasonal surcharges, blackout dates, supplements and minimum night stay apply
- Single / 3rd traveler are not applicable
- Itineraries are suggested itineraries only
- Promo is not combinable with any other promotions or discounts
- Other terms & conditions apply